Puerto Rico has the longest Christmas vacations of the entire world. The Christmas season in the island starts after Thanksgiving and it ends with the Fiestas de la Calle San Sebastian Carnival in mid January. (http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/san-sebastian-street-festival/ ) Puerto Rico is definitely my destination for Christmas. Not only I have my family and friends there, but its paradise.
For the last couple of months there has been negative news about my beautiful island on a daily basis. From a billion dollar debt to signature companies like Medalla (http://www.medallalight.com/) closing their factories in Puerto Rico and moving to the Dominican Republic because of the financial crisis in the island. This is not the Puerto Rico I grew up in nor the Puerto Rico I want the future generations to witness.
That is why I’m promoting my island with pride and giving you reasons why to visit my beautiful island, and witness where I am from.
Just 3,515 miles long, my little island has plenty to do, from waterfalls, sandy beaches, to amazing signature cuisines. This year I had the opportunity to do some domestic tourism and visit these places which I highly recommend:
1. Casa de Muerto Island Reserve, with Island Venture tours
2. Playa Vacia Talega
3. Playa Jobos- Please contact Burger: @burgerena best tour guide in town, and I am happy to call him my friend. He will take you surfing, sight seeing, hiking, delicious cheap restaurants, and lodging accommodations.
4. Mar Chiquita Manati Tide Pools
5. La Placita in Santurce- Best night life in San Juan. Here you will find cheap drink deals, delicious cuisines, and life music.
6. Crashboat, Aguadilla- Go Pier jumping
7. Tropical Treehouse- Literally you stay in a treehouse in the middle of the jungle. It’s wild, beautiful, and sexy.
See you back in Christmas time, my isla bonita. #PuertoRicolohacemejor